Ilok is home to the largest Slovak population in Croatia by demographics, just as Vojvodina is to Serbia. Nestled in this small city is a Lutheran Church which has stood for hundreds of years, and we’ve recently begun to see the effects of centuries of crumbling take their toll. That, and lightning having struck the tower. With our help, they have begun to rebuild; slowly but surely.
Recent Synod News
- A Pentecost Message from Bishop Kucharek May 28, 2020
- Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! Alleluia! April 12, 2020
- A Message for Holy Week from the Bishop April 4, 2020
- A Spiritual Message for the Season from Bishop Kucharek March 28, 2020
- Our COVID-19 Updates March 14, 2020
- Judges 6:36-40Thomas, Apostle36Then Gideon said to God, "In order to see whether you will deliver Israel by my hand, as you have said, 37I am going to lay a fleece of wool on the threshing floor; if there is dew on the fleece alone, and it is dry on all the ground, then I shall know […]