Ilok is home to the largest Slovak population in Croatia by demographics, just as Vojvodina is to Serbia. Nestled in this small city is a Lutheran Church which has stood for hundreds of years, and we’ve recently begun to see the effects of centuries of crumbling take their toll. That, and lightning having struck the tower. With our help, they have begun to rebuild; slowly but surely.
Recent Synod News
- Pentecost Message: “We are a New Creation” June 4, 2022
- Muskegon Welcomes New Pastor May 7, 2022
- Rev. Kenneth Michnay Remembered April 30, 2022
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America Observes 35th Anniversary April 29, 2022
- Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! Alleluia! April 16, 2022
- Acts 19:28-4128When they heard this, they were enraged and shouted, "Great is Artemis of the Ephesians!" 29The city was filled with the confusion; and people rushed together to the theater, dragging with them Gaius and Aristarchus, Macedonians who were Paul's travel companions. 30Paul wished to go into the crowd, but the disciples would not let him; […]