Ilok is home to the largest Slovak population in Croatia by demographics, just as Vojvodina is to Serbia. Nestled in this small city is a Lutheran Church which has stood for hundreds of years, and we’ve recently begun to see the effects of centuries of crumbling take their toll. That, and lightning having struck the tower. With our help, they have begun to rebuild; slowly but surely.
Recent Synod News
- Exercising Patience as we Begin another Lent in Pandemic February 14, 2021
- Christmas in spite of a Pandemic December 20, 2020
- Notice of Email Scam December 11, 2020
- The Reverend Kenneth T. Michnay Dies at 79 December 9, 2020
- Hope in the Midst of Uncertainty October 8, 2020
- John 12:36-4336While you have the light, believe in the light, so that you may become children of light."After Jesus had said this, he departed and hid from them. 37Although he had performed so many signs in their presence, they did not believe in him. 38This was to fulfill the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah: "Lord, […]