The Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary
Founded in 1910 in Portland, Oregon, The Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary (PLTS) started is journey. From Portland, the school moved to Seatle, WA, for few years until in 1952, it moved to it’s current location in Berkeley, CA. The campus overlooks the Golden Gate Bridge and the San Francisco Bay to it’s west and to the east lies a vast regional park. It is the ONLY Lutheran Seminary in the western half of the United States. Over 1,100 students enroll at PLTS and there is a faculty of over 150 members. It offers a number of Degree and Certificate Programs such as the Master of Divitity and Master of Theological Studies, to name a few.
PLTS is supported by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). It’s mission is to develop leaders for the church by challenging the mind, deepening the faith in Christ, energizing for mission and expanding the heart. It is a founding member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU). GTU is an ecumenical and inter religious crossroads that builds bridges among Christian denominations and othe r faith traditions. The GTU is a consortium of 17 independent graduate-level theological institution that are within walking distance of each other.
With over 1350 students and 150 faculty members of diverse backgrounds and religious affiliations, 750 courses are offered yearly. These courses range in subject matter, such as Biblical Studies to Art and Religion.
You must be logged in to post a comment.