Trinity Lutheran Seminary
Spanning over a century and a half, Trinity Lutheran Seminary (TLS) has an interesting history. In 1830, the school began under the name “German Theological Seminary” to meet the need of educating pastors in Ohio. The seminary was initially located in Canton but moved to Columbus. At first, there was only one theological professor for it’s first decade, Wilhelm Schmidt. In 1840, Lutheranism in Ohio divided into the English Synod of Ohio and Joint Synod of Ohio. In 1974, the two seminaries (of the two churches) consolidated and in 1978, TLS opened it’s doors.
TLS seeks to be a place where the community and relationships of the doctrine of the Holy Trinity come to life. It adheres to the statement “The church confesses the Gospel, recorded in the Holy Scriptures and confessed in the ecumenical creeds and Lutheran confessional writings, as the power of God to create and sustain the church for God’s mission in the world”.
The degree programs offered at TLS include: Master of Divinity, Master of Theological Studies, Master of Arts in Church Music, Master of Arts in Christian Education, Master of Arts in Youth and Family Ministry, Master of Sacred Theology and Doctor of Ministry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.