The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia
Founded in 1864 by the Ministerium of Pennsylvania, the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia (LTSP) is one of the seminaries supported by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). It’s first classes were held in facilities on North Ninth Street located in Philadelphia. Today, the 14-acre campus is located in the Mount Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia. On campus, there is a worship center called the Schaeffer-Ashmead Chapel. The Northeast Regional Archives of the ELCA are located in the undercroft of the Brossman Center, which holds state-of-the-art classrooms, offices for the admissions office and office of the registrar, meeting rooms and Benbow Hall (assembly and lecture space).
With an academic staff of 37 and a student body of almost 450, LTSP offers the Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Religion and a Master of Arts in Public Leadership professional degrees. It also offers Master of Sacred Theology, Doctor of Ministry and Doctor of Philosophy second professional degrees.
LTSP’s mission is to educate and form public leaders who are committed to developing and nurturing individual believers and communities of faith for engagement in the world, all while centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. LTSP values community and hospitality, diversity, inclusivity, civility, participation, academic rigor, community health and cooperation.