The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
The Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg (LTSG) has an incredible history. Located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, it was a focal point during the battle of Gettysburg of the Civil War. It was established in August 1826 and opened on September 5, 1826 in the 1810 Gettysburg Academy building. In 1832, it moved to it’s first building. During the American Civil War (1861-1865), it played a role in the Battle of Gettysburg. On the first day of the battle, July 1,1863, the seminary building served as a lookout. There was combat on the grounds until July 4, 1863 and then it was used as a field hospital.
LTSG has a student body of near 250 and a faculty of 17 full-time members. It offers programs for the Masters of Divinity, Masters of Arts in Ministerial Studies, Masters of Arts in Religion and the Master or Sacred Theology degrees. The school’s vision is quoted as being, “Bearing witness at the crossroads of history and hope, the Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg proclaims Jesus Christ to a restless world by preparing students for faithful discipleship. As we listen to God’s Word in community, the Holy Spirit empowers us to lead in church and world through worship, education, service and encouragement”.
You must be logged in to post a comment.