Presentation of Our Lord
by Bishop Wilma Kucharek | Feb 2, 2022 | Messages from Bishop Kucharek, News ReleasesToday, February 2, we celebrate the presentation of our Lord Jesus in the temple; it is the last day of the Christmas season. Today’s commemoration is recorded in these words from the gospel: “When the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses,...
+ Christmas Blessings +
by Bishop Wilma Kucharek | Dec 25, 2021 | Messages from Bishop Kucharek, News ReleasesMay our Lord Jesus, whose birth and coming among us we celebrate in this holy season, fill you with peace, joy, life, and light, both now and in the new year to come. +Bishop Wilma S. Kucharek “…in him was life, and the life was the light of all people” (John 1:4...
The Light that Overcomes Darkness
by Bishop Wilma Kucharek | Dec 20, 2021 | Messages from Bishop Kucharek, News ReleasesThe shortest day of the year in the northern hemisphere is on December 21. In the days leading up to this winter solstice, we notice the daylight hours getting shorter and shorter as the sun sets earlier and earlier. But inside our churches and our homes, something...
A Word from the Bishop
by Bishop Wilma Kucharek | May 22, 2021 | Messages from Bishop Kucharek, News Releases“When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place…[and]were filled with the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:1,4). This verse from the book of Acts introduces the account of that first Pentecost, the day on which the Holy Spirit came to the disciples. On...
Recent Synod News
- An Easter Message from Bishop Kucharek April 8, 2023
- Synod Visits our Companions in Serbia April 1, 2023
- Journeying with Jesus in Lent February 22, 2023
- Synod Assembly 2022 January 18, 2023
- Bishop Kucharek Re-elected December 22, 2022
Daily Bible Reading
- 1 Samuel 2:1-10Visit of Mary to Elizabeth1Hannah prayed and said, "My heart exults in the LORD; my strength is exalted in my God. My mouth derides my enemies, because I rejoice in my victory." 2"There is no Holy One like the LORD, no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." 3Talk no more so […]